Windycon 41 Hotel Information
Free WiFi in all hotel rooms!
The Lombard Westin Yorktown Center comes through for us again. Working with the Westin, Windycon has managed to get free internet for all our attendees guestrooms for their stay. Yet one
more reason to love our hotel and all they do for us.
Room rate dropped to $107
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center working with Windycon has dropped our standard room rate to $107 this year. The Westin loves us and wanted to give something back to the attendees that
make our convention possible.
Those of you who already made your reservations don’t need to do anything. Those of you who haven’t need to make yours as you normally would.
Make your reservation now
before the room cutoff on November 3rd at 5pm. After this time the hotel MAY honour the convention room rate depending on availability. Don’t’ get caught with a higher rate.
Reserve early and often!
Welcome to the hotel information for Windycon 41: Grimm Tales. We look forward to a dark and enlightening experience.
We return again to the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center. They are looking forward to having us back again this year as we are looking forward to being there. We have a great relationship
with the hotel and we look forward to many more years here.
Come join us in this exquisite hotel that offers refreshing touches such as the Heavenly Bed, Heavenly Bath, 32″ flat screen TV, expanded work desk with ergonomic chair, High Speed Internet
Access, video games, in-room coffee maker with Starbucks Coffee, and Heavenly Bath Robe.
Our room rate this year is $107/night flat rate for 1-4 people. Make your room reservations by
If you would like a suite for private use please click here.
Suites are $159/night.
Once you have the confirmation number from the Westin then fill out the Personal Suite Request Form.
Forms without a valid reservation number will not be honoured and you will have to refill out the form again when you have one. All requests for a suite for personal use are
handled on a first come first served basis.
Hotel Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age to reserve a room at the hotel?
- The minimum age to reserve a room is 21 years old.
- What charges does the hotel place on my credit card when reserving?
- The Westin Lombard does not place charges on your credit card when
reserving a room and no charges will be made to your credit card before
you check in. However, if you fail to cancel your room by 6 PM on the
day before check in, you may be charged for one night’s stay.
- What does the Westin charge as a room deposit upon check in?
- For each room you will need to provide a credit card, debit card, or
cash to hold for room charges and incidentals. If you are using a credit
card, the card will be charged the amount on the room folio upon check
out. If you using a debit card, there will be a hold placed on the card
immediately upon check-in for the total room and tax, plus $50 per day
for incidentals. At check out the held funds that were not used will be
released and depending on your bank this could take up to 10 days. If
you will be using cash, you will need to provide the total cost of the
room and tax for your stay on check in, plus the $50 additional per day
for incidentals. At check out the balance of the deposited cash will be
reimbursed minus your incidental expenses. Remember, the person whose
name is on the room is responsible for all damages or missing items.
- I just tried to reserve my room and am being told that the room type I
want is not available for the nights I want, now what?
- Contact the Hotel Liaison at hotel at windycon dot org
and the room block will be expanded if the hotel is not sold out.
- For what days is the room block available?
- The room block is available from November 12th, 2014 through November
18th, 2014. If you wish to stay at the Westin before or after those
dates, contact the Hotel Liaison at hotel at windycon dot org.
- Is smoking allowed?
- There is no smoking allowed anywhere within the Westin. You can smoke
outside fifteen or more feet away from any door.
- Does the hotel have a shuttle?
- Yes, it does. The hotel will take you and pick you up anywhere within 5
miles of the hotel. You can call the bell desk to arrange this. Remember
to tip your driver if you appreciate the service.
- Does the Westin allow pets?
- The Westin does allow dogs of fewer than 40 pounds to stay in your room.
You will be asked to fill out a release form and contact form upon check
in. No other animals of ANY sort are allowed except registered
assistance animals. If you break this policy, you may be asked to leave
the hotel with no refund of your room. If you do not have a room, you
may be asked to just leave the hotel. The convention does not allow pets
of any sort, except registered assistance animals, in any convention
space due to allergies and liability.
- Where may we post signs?
- You may post signs on the triangular grids that you will find around the
hotel and outside the elevator lobby on each floor the convention is
using. If you are throwing a party, you may post things around your
doorway and in your room using blue tape. No other adhesive is
acceptable. If you would like to put things in the hallway, please
contact the Party Liaison at parties at windycon dot org.
- Is there Internet access? How much is it?
- The Westin Lombard has wired and wireless internet available in the
sleeping rooms as well as free wireless in the lobby. There will be free
internet access available in the ConSuite too. The cost of the internet
is $9.95 a day in your hotel room.
- Can I have packaged delivered to the hotel for myself or others?
- Yes you can however there are rules and fees for this. If you would like details please contact hotel at windycon dot org
If there is a question we have not answered here, then please contact us at hotel at windycon dot org.